NOTE: BEGINNING DECEMBER 2013, ALL NEW POSTS OF SERIOUS DIVREI TORAH WILL BE POSTED ONLY AT Beis Vaad L'Chachamim, beisvaad.blogspot.com


For private communication, write to eliezer(no space)e at aol

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Gone Fishing

Sorry for the failure to post. I'm too stressed out; one guy's suing me for housing discrimination because I didn't renew his lease (i.e., I raised the renewal fifteen dollars more than for other tenants), and he claims this is because he has a medically necessary dog; (his one o'clock in the morning howling, he says, was not the reason I was being mean to him, of course); tenants at another building are yelling about refunds on rent because we had a fire (no injuries, b'h,) that inconvenienced them; and we learned Tagrei Lud yesterday in the shiur. Sometimes I think I would prefer Tagrei Lewd. So instead of posting something trivial, like why the word Chalatz can mean armed, or released, or graced, or a shirt, I'll just wait until things calm down around here.

I solicited a certain extravagantly talented scholar to write here while I go to ground, but so far, no cigar.

No comments: